- changed the role for the README.md file to doc
- parse the resolv.conf options line; right now I just support the timeout and rotate options.
- the options values only work if you set the new option use_resolv_options to true; this is to keep backwards compatibility.
- added support for RFC 6594; support for SHA-256 and ECDSA in the SSHFP resource record.
- added the SMIMEA resource record; this just extends the TLSA record.
- added the AVC resource records; this just extends the TXT record.
- added error and EDNS0 defines for DNS Cookies (RFC7873)
- added EDNS0 defines to the lookup class
- dropped the Net_DNS2_Packet::formatIPv6() function; this was deprecated in v1.1.3
- re-wrote the Net_DNS2::expandIPv6() function. Based on testing, the new version is about twice as fast.
Provides (roughly) the same functionality as Net_DNS, but using PHP5 objects, exceptions for error handling, better sockets support.
This release is (in most cases) 2x - 10x faster than Net_DNS, as well as includes more RR's (including DNSSEC RR's), and improved sockets and streams support.