[ANNOUNCEMENT] Net_DNS2-1.4.3 (stable) Released.

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Net_DNS2-1.4.3 (stable) Released.

PEAR Announce
The new PEAR package Net_DNS2-1.4.3 (stable) has been released at http://pear.php.net/.

Release notes
-------------
- fixed an issue when looking up . or com., when using the strict_query_mode flag.
- fixed a bug in the caching logic where I was loading the content more than once per instance, when really I only need to do it once.
- changed the Net_DNS2::sock array to use the SOCK_DGRAM and SOCK_STREAM defines, rather than the strings 'tcp' or 'udp'.
- fixed a bug in the Net_DNS2_Header and Net_DNS2_Question classes, where I was using the wrong bit-shift operators when parsing some of the values. This only became apparent when somebody was trying to use the CAA class (id 257); it was causing this to roll over to the next 8 bit value, and returning 1 (RR A) instead of the CAA class.
- fixed a bug that occurs when a DNS lookup request times out, and then the same class is reused for a subsequent request. Because I'm caching the sockets, the timed out data could eventually come in, and end up being seen as the result for a subsequent lookup.
- fixed a couple cases in NSAP.php where I was comparing a string to to an integer.

Package Info
------------
Provides (roughly) the same functionality as Net_DNS, but using PHP5 objects, exceptions for error handling, better sockets support.

This release is (in most cases) 2x - 10x faster than Net_DNS, as well as includes more RR's (including DNSSEC RR's), and improved sockets and streams support.

Related Links
Package home: http://pear.php.net/package/Net_DNS2
   Changelog: http://pear.php.net/package/Net_DNS2/download/1.4.3
    Download: http://download.pear.php.net/package/Net_DNS2-1.4.3.tgz