Building forms Flexy vs FormBuilder

Dan Rossi-3
Hi there I am lookin at two options to build forms either using a
static Flexy method with FormBuilder and using QuickForms validations
methods etc , or look at Flexy Validate, however Validate is not even
committed to the php cvs server ? I am looking for something that would
be updateable regularly. Which are the better solutions ? I like the
idea of adding the rules within the xml based tags rather than clunkily
in the php however which ever is faster to render would be cool.

Re: Required Fields was Building forms Flexy vs FormBuilder

Dan Rossi-3

On 09/05/2005, at 11:37 AM, Dan Rossi wrote:

> Hi there I am lookin at two options to build forms either using a
> static Flexy method with FormBuilder and using QuickForms validations
> methods etc , or look at Flexy Validate, however Validate is not even
> committed to the php cvs server ? I am looking for something that
> would be updateable regularly. Which are the better solutions ? I like
> the idea of adding the rules within the xml based tags rather than
> clunkily in the php however which ever is faster to render would be
> cool.

I guess I can stick with FormBuilder, but I was previously using Flexy
elements. My issue is with the Quickform examples for flexy, we have to
add a check if the element is required add the asterix ourselfs, is
there any way to get this check in the label field ? I am finding
building a form statically a bit of a pain atm :) Unless someone has an
example to dynamically build a form in Flexy but splitting it into 2 or
3 columns :)

Re: Required Fields was Building forms Flexy vs FormBuilder

Justin Patrin
On 5/8/05, Dan Rossi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 09/05/2005, at 11:37 AM, Dan Rossi wrote:
>
> > Hi there I am lookin at two options to build forms either using a
> > static Flexy method with FormBuilder and using QuickForms validations
> > methods etc , or look at Flexy Validate, however Validate is not even
> > committed to the php cvs server ? I am looking for something that
> > would be updateable regularly. Which are the better solutions ? I like
> > the idea of adding the rules within the xml based tags rather than
> > clunkily in the php however which ever is faster to render would be
> > cool.
> >

> I guess I can stick with FormBuilder, but I was previously using Flexy
> elements. My issue is with the Quickform examples for flexy, we have to
> add a check if the element is required add the asterix ourselfs, is
> there any way to get this check in the label field ?

Try patching / extending the renderer. It should be able to do this for you.

--
Justin Patrin