DataObject issue using FormBuilder

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

DataObject issue using FormBuilder

Dan Rossi-3
I found the problem with dataobjects when loading the tables, in the
find method its simply doing a select * from table not a select * from
database.table therefore after having loaded the DO with the links ,
the next link is still trying to load from the other selected database.
Is there a better workaround ?

--
PEAR General Mailing List (http://pear.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: DataObject issue using FormBuilder

Justin Patrin
On 5/8/05, Dan Rossi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I found the problem with dataobjects when loading the tables, in the
> find method its simply doing a select * from table not a select * from
> database.table therefore after having loaded the DO with the links ,
> the next link is still trying to load from the other selected database.
> Is there a better workaround ?
>

What do you mean "in the find method I'm simply doing select * from
table"? Surely you're not making a query yourself....

It sounds like you've done a bunch of customization as this question
doesn't seem to have any basis in normal DB_DO code. Please show us
some code so that we can understand what you're talking about.

--
Justin Patrin

--
PEAR General Mailing List (http://pear.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: DataObject issue using FormBuilder

Dan Rossi-3


On 09/05/2005, at 1:52 PM, Justin Patrin wrote:

>>
>
> What do you mean "in the find method I'm simply doing select * from
> table"? Surely you're not making a query yourself....
>
> It sounds like you've done a bunch of customization as this question
> doesn't seem to have any basis in normal DB_DO code. Please show us
> some code so that we can understand what you're talking about.
>


your formbuilder is calling find to see if there is any data for
generating the list menus. When i mean find i mean the FIND method in
DataObject.  The query is setup as SELECT * FROM table inside the find
method, I had to add SELECT * FROM database.table to make it work, I
only have once crossed database link. It works but it means my tweaked
DataObjects file is even more branched out than I really wanted it to
be :)

I could send my diff to DataObject but its been advised that I send the
different changes as different diffs which will take forever :|
>

--
PEAR General Mailing List (http://pear.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php