More FormBuilder questions

Dan Rossi-3
My usual form layout is two or three fields across columns. The dynamic
flexy renderer will not work with this example as it means generating
down the page. I am using a static example of quickforms , however when
I add the label and html its missing the asterix's. for required
fields.

My question is how do I set up the required fields, and then let it
render the asterix's . On top of this I usually need to add extra
buttons to the form and these are usually image buttons and hidden
fields so would the $fb object still be referencing QuickForms so I can
add the extra form elements ?

Let me know thanks.

Re: More FormBuilder questions

Justin Patrin
On 5/8/05, Dan Rossi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My usual form layout is two or three fields across columns. The dynamic
> flexy renderer will not work with this example as it means generating
> down the page. I am using a static example of quickforms , however when
> I add the label and html its missing the asterix's. for required
> fields.
>
> My question is how do I set up the required fields, and then let it
> render the asterix's . On top of this I usually need to add extra
> buttons to the form and these are usually image buttons and hidden
> fields so would the $fb object still be referencing QuickForms so I can
> add the extra form elements ?

As usual, I'm not sure what you're asking. You're mentioning multiple
supposed problems you have, a few things you want, and then ask a
question which doesn't make much sense.

You can, of course, edit the QF object that FB gives you. I suggest
looking into insertElementBefore.

if you want to do a 3 column thing you can always make your own QF
renderer or just use PHP to loop through the elements and choose when
to make a break. Or you can simply make the element template put the
elements in float: left divs instead of a table.

Required fields have the asterixes added by the renderer.

--
Justin Patrin