Net_IPv6 maintainership

Michael Gauthier
Hello,

There are several open pull requests on Net_IPv6 on Github
https://github.com/pear/Net_IPv6/pulls

The current maintainer http://pear.php.net/user/alexmerz is not even
associated with the project on Github. I think the package should be
marked as unmaintained and maintainership should be offered to Phil
Davis, who opened the last few PRs.

Regards,
Mike

Re: Net_IPv6 maintainership

Alexander Merz-2
Hi Michael,

Net_IPv6 is managed via
http://svn.php.net/viewvc/pear/packages/Net_IPv6/
and
http://pear.php.net/bugs/

Am 24.05.16 um 19:05 schrieb Michael Gauthier:

> Hello,
>
> There are several open pull requests on Net_IPv6 on Github
> https://github.com/pear/Net_IPv6/pulls
>
> The current maintainer http://pear.php.net/user/alexmerz is not even
> associated with the project on Github. I think the package should be
> marked as unmaintained and maintainership should be offered to Phil
> Davis, who opened the last few PRs.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

Re: Net_IPv6 maintainership

Phil Davis
So please enlighten me. I found the Github code because I contribute to
other projects on Github, like pfSense. The bugs and fixes have been
found due to reports of IPv6 validation issues by pfSense users. I
thought it a good idea to push the fixes upstream so that any other
users get the benefit also.

I guess the Github repo is just a copy of the real "master" code from
svn.php.net

Is the Github repo kept up to date with the svn.php.net code?

What is the process for contributing to svn.php.net? i.e. what is the
equivalent of a Github pull request?

And perhaps someone could put a README.md in
https://github.com/pear/Net_IPv6 to let people know where to go to
report bugs and submit fixes.

Phil Davis
On 5/25/2016 9:30 PM, Alexander Merz wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Net_IPv6 is managed via
> http://svn.php.net/viewvc/pear/packages/Net_IPv6/
> and
> http://pear.php.net/bugs/
>
> Am 24.05.16 um 19:05 schrieb Michael Gauthier:
>> Hello,
>>
>> There are several open pull requests on Net_IPv6 on Github
>> https://github.com/pear/Net_IPv6/pulls
>>
>> The current maintainer http://pear.php.net/user/alexmerz is not even
>> associated with the project on Github. I think the package should be
>> marked as unmaintained and maintainership should be offered to Phil
>> Davis, who opened the last few PRs.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mike

Re: Net_IPv6 maintainership

Ken Guest-2
I've added a quick README.md -
https://github.com/pear/Net_IPv6/blob/master/README.md - just a oneliner
but it should suffice for the moment.

patches welcome...

Speaking of which
https://pear.php.net/manual/en/newmaint.when-to-contribute.php is relevant
and should probably be linked to from there.

And thanks Phil for wanting to work on Net_IPv6 (and Alex for continuing to
do so).

regards,

Ken

http://about.me/kenguest/

Re: Net_IPv6 maintainership

Alexander Merz-2
Thanks Ken!

In general, I still feel responsible for Net_IPv6 and I'm willing to
maintain it. On the other hand, I stopped doing anything network related
related years ago. So there is no personal pressure to apply fixes&etc
ASAP. If Phil wants to takeover thats fine.

Regards,
Alex