Newsletter package

Tim Daeleman
Hello,

Some weeks ago Jon Wood said on the Pear maillist he might build a pear
newsletter package. Due to the fact that all my mail I send to him
personally (still) bounces I haven't contacted him anymore and didn't
want to spam the maillist with personal mails.

Not to rush or anything, but I was just wondering if you have made
any progress with the newsletter functionality.

regards,

Tim

> Re: [PEAR] Newsletter package
> From:
> Tim Daeleman <[hidden email]>
> Date:
> Wed, 09 Mar 2005 21:56:08 +0100
> To:
> Jon Wood <[hidden email]>
>
> To:
> Jon Wood <[hidden email]>
>

> Hello Jon,
>
> Sorry for the late reaction. Thanks for your reply. It would be great if
> you could come with such a package!!!
>
>  From my side there's no real hurry. I'm just a hobby php programmer.
> And the site I want to include it in will not be released before the
> summer.
>
> Hope to hear from you again when you have something available.
>
> thx again!!
>
> Tim
>
> Jon Wood wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 21:24 +0100, Tim Daeleman wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>

>> [...snip...]
>>
>>> Well I guess you understand what I'm looking for.
>>> Off course this can heavily rely on other PEAR packages such as DB
>>> (for subscriber and archived newsletter storage), Mail_Queue,
>>> Mail_MIME and probably some others.
>>>
>>> Is this something that can be put in a PEAR package or is it against
>>> PEAR concepts??
>>>
>>> Of course I could try and program this myself, but I don't think I'm
>>> the right person because:
>>> - I don't have enough time
>>> - My php skills aren't good enough I guess
>>>
>>> Anyone feeling urged to develop a thing like this??
>>>

>> I'm willing to take a pop at this one, since I need to develop similar
>> functionality for a client site anyway. I need to check if they're
>> willing to open source that bit of code, but knowing the client it
>> shouldn't be much of a problem.
>>
>> Jon Wood
>>
>>> Otherwise I progran something myself for my website and eventually
>>> rewrite it into a PEAR package proposal.
>>>
>>> regards,
>>>
>>> Tim

Re: Newsletter package

Jon Wood
On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 11:44 +0200, Tim Daeleman wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Some weeks ago Jon Wood said on the Pear maillist he might build a pear
> newsletter package. Due to the fact that all my mail I send to him
> personally (still) bounces I haven't contacted him anymore and didn't
> want to spam the maillist with personal mails.

:-\ Sorry about that... this address is definately working, and I'll go
check why the other one isn't.

> Not to rush or anything, but I was just wondering if you have made
> any progress with the newsletter functionality.

Nope - nothing yet. I'm busy with work at the moment, but hopefully will
have some time in a week or so.

Jon