Pear connection error after cpanel update, can anyone out there help me?

Pear connection error after cpanel update, can anyone out there help me?

dawnwidmayer
Hello,

I hired a programmer 2 years ago to set up a mail queue for my vps. I think he used pear. I have a php script to send the email to the list and then pear to queue the emails and send out 60 at a time. The other programmer is not responding to me. I don't know where else to turn. My email program is down and I am at a loss.

Message from my server tech:

I took a look at the error_log in /home/realtor/public_html and see these error logs:

--
[14-Nov-2016 21:00:09 UTC] PHP Warning: require_once(Mail/Queue.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/realtor/public_html/email-setup/MailQueue.class.php on line 7
[14-Nov-2016 21:00:09 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'Mail/Queue.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/realtor/public_html/email-setup/MailQueue.class.php on line 7

I checked and Mail_Queue is installed in the default path:

--
root@host [/usr/local/lib/php/Mail]# ls
./ ../ Queue/ Queue.php RFC822.php mail.php mime.php mimePart.php mock.php null.php sendmail.php smtp.php smtpmx.php

Re: Pear connection error after cpanel update, can anyone out there help me?

dawnwidmayer
Thank you for responding. I am running PHP 5.4. They did not upgrade PHP so it's the same.

# pear version
PEAR Version: 1.10.1
PHP Version: 5.4.45
Zend Engine Version: 2.4.0

I will need to hire someone familiar with Mail_Queue to help me resolve this issue. Can you point me inthe right direction to find a programmer?

---- On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 10:29:44 -0700 Chuck Burgess<[hidden email]> wrote ----

[...]

Christian Weiske
Hello dawnwidmayer,

> PHP Fatal error: Cannot make static method PEAR::isError() non static
> in class Mail_Queue in /usr/local/lib/php/Mail/Queue.php on line 126

Mail_Queue is not compatible with PEAR 1.10.x

You could downgrade to PEAR 1.9.5 to make it work again:

$ pear upgrade -f pear-1.9.5

(I have no idea if that works.)

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-=≡ Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 ≡=-