Procedures for release

Alexey Kopytko-2
Hi everyone,

What are the procedures for making a package version available on
pear.php.net? E.g. here:
http://pear.php.net/package/Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer/download

So far so good releases on GitHub work fine for composer, but people
want to install the package old-style with the pear command.

For example, last comment here calls for it:
http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=19773

--
Alexey Kopytko

Re: Procedures for release

Ken Guest-2
Hi Alexey,

Details on how to do this are outlined on the pear website here -
http://pear.php.net/manual/en/developers.release.php

It's nice to know some people still want their PEAR packages "old style" ;-)

Regards,

Ken

On 3 May 2017 at 10:42, Alexey Kopytko <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> What are the procedures for making a package version available on
> pear.php.net? E.g. here:
> http://pear.php.net/package/Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer/download
>
> So far so good releases on GitHub work fine for composer, but people
> want to install the package old-style with the pear command.
>
> For example, last comment here calls for it:
> http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=19773
>
> --
> Alexey Kopytko

http://about.me/kenguest/

Re: Procedures for release

Chuck Burgess-2
Alexey,

I can roll up a release through the PEAR website, if that'll help.  Just
let me know.

CRB
*about.me/ashnazg <http://about.me/ashnazg>*

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 5:42 AM, Ken Guest <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Alexey,
>
> Details on how to do this are outlined on the pear website here -
> http://pear.php.net/manual/en/developers.release.php
>
> It's nice to know some people still want their PEAR packages "old style"
> ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Ken
>
> On 3 May 2017 at 10:42, Alexey Kopytko <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > What are the procedures for making a package version available on
> > pear.php.net? E.g. here:
> > http://pear.php.net/package/Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer/download
> >
> > So far so good releases on GitHub work fine for composer, but people
> > want to install the package old-style with the pear command.
> >
> > For example, last comment here calls for it:
> > http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=19773
> >
> > --
> > Alexey Kopytko
> > [hidden email]
> >
> > --

> http://about.me/kenguest/

Re: Procedures for release

Alexey Kopytko-2

Hi Chuck,

If you could review my updated package.xml probably I can try uploading
it on my own.

You should have receive a review request, but here's that PR:
https://github.com/pear/Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer/pull/13

-Alexey