$fb_selectAddEmpty , FormBuilder and dates and times

$fb_selectAddEmpty , FormBuilder and dates and times

Dan Rossi-3
Hi there, I am looking at using selectAddEmpty to make all my dates and
times and other select options empty by default. Is there a possible
way to make them all empty by default even if some are required ? This
prevents the default selected values being the top value in the list
being selected by mistake. For some strange reason, its not working on
date and time fields i select to use ? Sorry about the spamming today
list.

Re: $fb_selectAddEmpty , FormBuilder and dates and times

Justin Patrin
On 5/9/05, Dan Rossi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi there, I am looking at using selectAddEmpty to make all my dates and
> times and other select options empty by default. Is there a possible
> way to make them all empty by default even if some are required ? This
> prevents the default selected values being the top value in the list
> being selected by mistake. For some strange reason, its not working on
> date and time fields i select to use ? Sorry about the spamming today
> list.

selectAddEmpty is there precisely to allow non-null (required) fields
to have an empty option. Note that fields that are allowed to be null
(which are not set required by FB) and which are select boxes
automatically have an empty option added.

Look at your date selects. If you use selectAddEmpty, do they have an
empty option? Please remember that selectAddEmpty has *nothing* to do
with what is selected by default.

--
Justin Patrin